Thursday, March 15, 2007

A weely wonderful Wednesday

First of all, directions to RIM and parking instructions. Drive I-75 south to the Mack exit. Turn right on Mack and go a couple blocks to Brady. There will be a sign on the lamp post pointing right to RIM. Turn right and the building is right in front of you. If you arrive after 4 pm, park in the lot just right of the building. There is a booth because it is the valet lot until 4. After 4, FREE! If you park yourself, turn left at the building and go straight ahead to the WSU parking garage. Bring your ticket with you and validate it in the RIM lobby. This will bring the price down from $6 to $2.50. If you choose valet, it is $4.
Now, some very exciting non-Brian news. Kelsey's artwork has earned a National Silver Key award!!!!!! This is tres prestigious. She (and I) will be invited to the national ceremony in early June (we think). She will walk across the stage, with all the other winners, at Carnegie Hall. How cool is that? Her teacher Diane Heath is beside herself with happiness. Two other girls earned silver key portfolio awards and Dianes own 8th grade son Austin earned a gold key photo award. I'm so excited for Kelsey!
I visited Brian after work and he was in bed with the sitter watching him. He wasn't sleeping, just hanging. He was talkative and very alert. His left arm looked much more relaxed. He never pulled it up tight to his chin the entire time I was there. This was a first. The nurse, Amanda, came to give him his meds and asked him to help push the plunger on that big ol' syringe. It's not like a needle, it holds about 1/2 cup of liquid, is 6" by 1" around. It was difficult but he tried to push. I looked at his sitter chart and noticed that they monitor his activity every hour. Day and night. Sleeping, sitting, therapy, quiet, cooperative etc. I think he earned a gold star. Very cooperative as far as I could tell. Dr. Zamorano had a consult with Dr. Horn today but I don't know when I get any results. Brian finally remembers the name of Clarkston and now has to unremember that and remember that he is at RIM. Let's hope that he gets that swallow test soon so the food can start flowing. I can get there at about 2 today so I'm hoping to catch some action. Gotta go to work, Love, Marcy :)

No comments: