Monday, March 26, 2007

Saturday and Sunday

When I arrived Saturday, I could tell that someone had been there. A telltale McDonalds container was on his tray. I found the note that Kuraps had left so I asked him about it. He recalled that Kuraps had visited and I told him that their names were Kathy and Mickey. "Mickey"? Yes, Brian, Mickey. "M I C...K E Y...K U R A P" Yes, Mick, we sang your name on and off during the day much to Brians delight. He loved how it just fit right into the tune. Thanks for the visit, the note with the darling pics and the email, too!
I happened to have brought a McDonalds grilled chicken sandwich, lettuce only and a chocolate shake. Wow, was that the right purchase. They had served a pretty good beef dish but he's not too keen on beef. This hit the spot.
It was a beautiful day outside so he put on his sweatshirt and we went right outside the building to enjoy. I'm not sure how far to take him so we went on the sidewalk to John R and then back to the valet lot. This is usually where the inmates...I mean patients go to have cigarettes, etc. We sat outside for about half an hour. By the time I left at 8 pm he got into bed and could barely keep his eyes open. Slept well that night!
I visited on Sunday after church. Kelsey did not come because she doesn't want him to catch the tail end of whatever it is she's been "virusing". Good sister. Stacey was in the room yakking with Brian when I got there. Thom was already getting the car. This time I had brought him a Wendys spicey chicken sandwich, lettuce only. (Notice any pattern?) He dug into that and commented on how they got spicier since the last time he had one. I asked him if it was too hot and he said no. Thom had brought him some slim jims for snacking. Again, good thing I had food because the meal was chicken cordon bleu. Yucky cheese again. I found out that I can call the food service people to make sure that he gets non cheesie stuff. So I called and ordered him the fish (which he had already ordered) but they were going to leave off the swiss cheese/broccoli sauce. Good thing I called.
Stacey said that he was up walking with a PT using just a walker and a brace on his weaker left leg. I haven't seen this yet, but it sure sounds interesting. Stacey left and Ben showed up. Now the real guffawing began. Grams and Gramps called and Ben was background music. He was taking notes so I'm very interested to read his blog...or whatever he called it. Left about 3:15 to go to Mexicali dinner with Kelsey. Got to go now...more later Love, Marcy :)

No comments: