Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hey, Kelly, another new address!

Apparantly Brian has moved again. He is in room 437, bed 2 because the young man in that room also needs a sitter. Kathy and Rachel both went down today. From what I gather, therapy started at 7 AM!!!! By the time they got there he was seeing the speech gal and was already exhausted. I was told on Monday that he would be wiped out for a few days as he gets used to all the work. Maybe this will finally put Brian on a non vampire schedule. We'll see. The social worker called today and in her mind he will be there 2-3 weeks. That seems pretty short to me. If they are casting him every couple of days, I don't know how he'll walk much. There hasn't even been a conference of the minds over him yet. That happens on Thursday. Dr. Zamorano is supposed to see him and have a consult with Dr. Horn on Wednesday.
One of the other things I am concerned about is his vision. Nurse Alfre Woodard said that his pupils are sluggish and don't contract all the way with bright light. I knew that he wasn't seeing correctly. He holds things real close to read them. He had a lot of pressure on his optic nerve when he had the bleed and I remember Dr. Steele saying twice that he "blew a pupil" and then that it was "back". Not sure what that all means but obviously they will look into it.
I'm hoping to catch up a little tonight on all of the paper work. It is absolutely endless! I'm going to see him after work tomorrow. Got some papers to give to the doctors. Til next time, Marcy :)

No comments: