Thursday, February 1, 2007

thursdays visit

I'm just checking this out to see if I understand the posting part of this blog. Today, Rachel, her mom Judy, and her dad Ron were there when I arrived. Pastor Luke showed up shortly after I did. Brian was dressed and getting ready for therapy. He was a bit overwhelmed by the 5 of us watching and we will now only be peaking at him through the windows. He needs to CONCENTRATE on his therapist du jour. April, the speech gal has him pointing 1 finger for yes and 2 fingers for no. Then, his hand is manually closed by whomever is speaking to him, so he can point again. April also told us that it is great to have all of the visitors when he isn't in therapy. He sits pretty well in the high backed wheelchair although his neck needs a bit more strength. The pulmanologist doesn't want to remove the trach until his bone flap is replaced. I will be contacting Dr. Zamorano to get her opinion on this. It's been almost 2 months and I wonder if she'll wait much longer. Thank you for all of your support and prayers because they sure are working. Marcy

No comments: