Sunday, February 4, 2007

answers for Ben

Ben, the official visiting hours are 11 am to 8 pm but they are very flexible. It is very important that Brian have lots of contact with friends and family so don't hesitate to visit! Again, if he goes to therapy it is important to let him go alone so he can concentrate. There are picture windows across the front of the rooms so it's easy to peak. Sometimes they do bedside therapy so I just go to the lobby at those times. If you visit later in the day he may or may not be very responsive. I have discovered that these "tune-outs" are normal for people with Brians type of injury. Also, he will answer yes, one finger, and no, two fingers with help. Always close his hand after he answers.
I'm going to try to remember his CD player today, we are going after church around 1 pm. Robyn is coming with us.
My favorite color is green, of course.
Colts, cuz Peyton is very deserving but you know how I love Brian Urlacher. So torn!
Huh?
ALSO...Kelly, Brians room is now 201A but they will find him if it's a mail issue.
When I visited on Friday, he was talking to Rachel and I. I asked him how he was doing and he said, "I'm famished". Not bad for a guy who is practicing words like cat, dog, mom, etc. He is so in there scratching and clawing to get out.
I'll try to post again today. Marcy

No comments: