Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday

I got there about 11:00 a.m. I stopped on the way for cleaning products. Not too sure how often or how well the bathroom is cleaned. Brian was still in bed which is a no-no at that hour. April was very disappointed that the aides didn't have him up by 9:30 at the latest. I think that they are just getting used to Brian. If they ask him if he wants to get up he will totally ignore him. They just have to take the bull by the horns and tell him it's time to get moving. They'll get it soon enough. After he was dressed and in his chair, I had a chance to re-clean the bathroom that was cleaned just before I got there. I don't want to insult anyone but I will continue to do just that. He brushed his teeth, had lunch (went back to bed after breakfast), and finally off to therapy. Stacy started with ultrasound on the left arm and a lot of stretching. This is pretty painful and he looks like he wants to slug her. Then she put a weight around his wrist to keep it straight. The delay on the brace is just in the long process it takes...measuring, deciding the correct brace, getting insurance approval, etc. I watched him excercise his arms, legs, back, stand up 3 times. Stacy said that his standing was very solid and good! He was on his back on a matte about 2 feet off the ground and they told him to sit up. He immediately put both legs over the edge, popped his torso up to vertical and sat up like it was nothing at all. I was very impressed...as was Stacy. You can see how proud she is of him. He was very balanced and steady.
Here's the best news...he now weighs 162 lbs!!! That's 11 pounds since he got there 1 month ago! It's easy to see the difference. He isn't talking very much and I don't know why. Hopefully it's a phase...April said that these things come and go with brain injuries. She is totally not concerned so that's cool.
Rumor has it that Ben and Sarah are visiting tonight. I told a few people to listen for the laughter. Gerald said that he was going to visit when he hears the guffaws. Sounds like Deb, Clyde, Scott, Hollie, Kelly and Kelsey are coming by on Saturday. YAAAAAAY! Til next time, Marcy

No comments: