Saturday, February 17, 2007

Judy's news

Judy called me today saying that she wanted to give me some good news instead of Rachel always getting that thrill. Apparantly, during the night, Brian decided that he had had enough of the trach and pulled it out. Rose Barg had told us that this is not uncommon with patients who no longer need them. So, by the time they noticed, the hole was too small to reinsert the tube. End of story is...no more trach! I'll bet he's so much more comfortable. She also mentioned that after he ate today, he asked to go to the bathroom. The nurse got him there in time and I guess all went well. How 'bout that! If he remembers to use the call button correctly instead of swinging it around like a lasso, he should be able to use the facilities more often.
When I saw him yesterday, he was such a chatterbox. He answered questions, initiated conversations, laughed at jokes (even Dannys), and made us laugh again and again with his wonderful goofball sense of humor. What a joy that was! He asked me a few times if anyone has visited him. So I went down the list of people who have come and told him that the guest book page was full and they had to put a new one in for him. I also wanted to let anyone and everyone know that Saturday is the one day that Rachel and I both have long work days so if you can see him any time on Saturdays that would be great!! Lucky for Rachel, she doesn't work today.
So, I'm anxious to see him tomorrow with no trach...AND, I noticed yesterday that they took the pic line out of his arm. Hooray!
All for now, til next time, Marcy<3

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Wow!!unbelievable!!my goodness a whole lot can happen after just seeing him on Thursday!I guess we can maybe get him to do some of his Arnold impressions like Marcy and I did! Ha-Ha. Thom thinks he's ready to get out of there!!He is a walking miracle no doubt about it! I hope this gets posted. I have written a couple of times but was unable to post? Computer illiterate I guess.All for now hope this sees you all in good health and spirits! Love, Aunt Stacey