Sunday, April 1, 2007

Bowlin' 4 Brian (and Marcy)

It's ON!!!

If you haven't heard yet, we are putting together a charity bowl-a-thon for Brian Beckett. This will help cover some medical expenses and give us an opportunity to get together and play Brian's favorite sport (next to Extreme Shuffleboard, that is).

Event details will be coming soon - I hope to have the invite out this week with how much you'll have to pay, prize details, etc.

HOWEVER - I wanted to at least get the word out to mark your calendars for April 28th, 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM. This is a Saturday.

I have officially booked it for this day and time.

There'll be a bar, food, and prizes - all that good stuff. We even have the possibility of Thrivent Financial, a Lutheran financial aid association, matching our donations (we have applied and are awaiting approval).

We have an initial hookup of 20 lanes at fabulous Hartfield Lanes in Berkley. There are a total of 52 lanes at this particular alley - once the invites get out, and I see some RSVP's, I can always reserve more lanes.

If you've never heard the legend of Hartfield Lanes, you will soon. Let's just say there have been many an eventful karaoke night there, and leave it at that...

But once again, April 28, 2p-5p. Mark it down, and I know I'll see lots of ya's there!!

BK

No comments: